- The Asia Culture Center is a cultural complex institution where exchange, research, archive, education, creation, and production of contents, exhibition, performance, and circulation of Asian culture take place. The Asia Culture Research Center, one of the affiliated institutions of the Asia Culture Center, runs various academic projects in the field of humanities, sociology, and art with the value and idea of various Asian cultures as its base. It is planning to hold <ACC next-generation Culture Forum 2016>, “Asian Culture Rediscovered” as its theme, in order to provide an occasion of mutual exchange for the youths of Korea and other Asian countries. All the applications and interests are welcomed.
□ Application Guideline
||8 - 11 December 2016
||ACC (Gwangju, Republic of Korea) and neighboring areas
|Number of participants: About 40
① Korean graduate students of Korean or foreign universities majoring studies concerning Asian region (participants within two digits)
② Foreign students residing in Korea majoring studies concerning Asian regions (Graduate students or research students)
(participants within two digits)
||- Presentation and discussion according to department
- Field investigation and visit to the concerning institutions
- Public panel discussion and lecture etc.
□ Targeted Participants
- - Graduate students and research students of Korean or Foreign universities majoring in humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, and arts concerning the Asian region (regardless of nationality)
- - Foreign graduate, post-graduate, and research students from Asian countries studying in Korean universities (regardless of major)
- ※ Please check the attached document (Application Guideline) for recruitment category
□ Application Schedule
- - Announcement of Application: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 – Friday, November 25, 2016
- - Application Period: Friday, November 4, 2016 – Friday, November 25, 2016
- - Examination for Selection: 4th week of November 2016
- - Announcement of Result: (Scheduled for) Monday, November 28, 2016
- ※ Final selectees will be informed individually.
- - For the final selectees, the fees for round-trip transportation, accommodation, and meals will be fully funded.
□ Documents for Submission
- (1) Application Form
- (2) Abstract of degree thesis (free form)
- (3) Presentation Summary* (Summary about 2,000 characters, implications of research about 400 characters) (Form provided)
- (4) Consent form for personal information collection
- (5) Certificate of registration or Diploma
- ※ All documents should be written in either English or Korean.
□ Method of Application
- - Online application (via E-Mail)
- - Reception : firstname.lastname@example.org
- ※ Application is valid only if it arrives before 18:00, Friday, November 25, 2016.
□ Details concerning collection of manuscripts for conference
- [Collection of manuscript]
- ･Final selectees should hand in their manuscript for the conference by e-mail, which will be published in the collection of manuscripts. (Deadline of manuscript: 18:00 Sunday, December 4, 2016).
- - Final selectees should choose one of the category themes and compose the summary of presentation manuscript.
- ･ The manuscript should be written in Korean or English and in the format described below. (The manuscript will be translated and summarized in Korean and English by the headquarters).
- [Korean Manuscript]
- ① Manuscript should be written in Hangeul file of Hancom Office.
- ② The length of manuscript should be 3 – 4 pages of Hangeul original format (41 characters per line, 41 lines per page)
- ③ Font should be Shin Myungjo (신명조), and font size should be 10 pt. for the body and 15 pt. for the title of the manuscript. Citations, footnotes, examples, and references should be written in 9 pt.
- * Proper nouns such as name of place or person must have its English translation/Romanization in parentheses ( ). (Needed for translation).
- [English Manuscript]
- ① Manuscript should be written in MS-Word.
- ② The length of manuscript should be 3 – 4 pages of MS-Word original format (40 characters per line, 38 lines per page).
- ③ Font should be Times New Roman, and font size should be 10 pt. for the body and 15 pt. for the title of the manuscript. Citations, footnotes, examples, and references should be written in 9 pt.
- * Proper nouns such as name of place of person must be noted. (Needed for translation into Korean).
□ For other queries, contact
- Research Planning Team of the Asia Culture Center (062-601-4446) or email@example.com