Ⅰ. ACT Center Lab Program Structure
|ACT Center Lab
|Level 1||International open call||
Visiting Creators in Lab※Support may be provided from Seed Lab depending on the evaluation results.
|1. Production Studio type
- Allows participants to establish and implement production plans using the ACT Studio
- Eligible Programs: Programs that involve a combination of art and creative technologies; convergence contents production; and future-oriented visions or, otherwise, that have the distinguished qualities required for ACT Center projects
2. Free Research type
- Allows participants to establish and implement research plans for themes related with Asian culture, media, art and design, science and technology, or other themes related with the future direction of the ACC and the fulfillment of its missions
|Recommendations from other institutions||
ASEM Creative Industry Young Leadership Network Project
※It will be proceeded in the latter half of the year in 2017
|isiting creators involved with startups or other projects in the creative industry (ages 19–40) will be given an opportunity to participate in the ASEM Creative Industry Young Leadership Network Project.
**ASEM Creative Industry Young Leadership Network Project: A project aimed at creating a forum for cooperation and communication between creative industry sectors in Asian and European countries as well as at building a foundation for networking with relevant institutions, under the core issues selected by the ASEM Culture Ministers Meeting: Convergence Technology, Talent, and Tolerance (3T).
|Short-Term Residency Program||- A support program for production projects that use the ACT Studio for less than a month
- Supports individuals and groups. Beneficiaries are selected from the candidates recommended by other institutions. Recommendations are received all year-round.
- A candidate should be in a position to use the ACT Studio or should have a clearly defined production plan that can be completed in a short period.
- Participants living outside Gwangju will be provided with accommodations (two-guest room, four-guest room).
- Per diems and creation grants will not be provided
|Level 2||Seed Lab
※Linked with the Visiting Creators in Lab Program
|- Eligibility: Participants in the Visiting Creators in Lab program who created contents with exceptional ideas or growth potential, who the ACC determines to require supports beyond the level available from the Visiting Creators in Lab program, or production plans, ideas, and contents that can be implemented as ACT projects in the future.
- The selected teams will each be granted an independent lab status, and will each be provided with supports for preliminary research, strategy establishment, expert consulting, networking, experiments, and simulations.
※ACT Project supports for
|- A content production project for realizing the values and visions of the ACT Center
- Implemented by the ACT Center in connection with other projects in the ACC, projects planned by Seed Lab, or projects in other institutions in and outside of Korea
Ⅱ. Call Overview
|Program||Per Diem (per Month/Participant)||Creation Grant
(for a three-month period)
|All Participants||Residency Grant
(Provided Only to Residency Participants)
Visiting Creators in Lab Program
|Production Studio type||KRW 500,000||KRW 200,000||Up to KRW 6,000,000
(up to KRW 2 million/participant/month)
|ACC_R* required for all participants|
|Free Research type|
|Prior Experience||Does the participant have the experience or knowhow of implementing technologies related with the production plan?||15|
|Production Expertise||Does the participant have the expertise in the relevant areas required to fulfill the goal of the project?||15|
|Appeal||Is the plan appealing in terms of content impressiveness, game development potential, and production development potential, and is fit with the ACC?||10|
|Creativity||- Is the plan creative and suitable for the nature of the project?
- Does the plan involve creating children’s contents, performances, exhibitions, or convergence creations designed for the ACC using the cultural archetypes and resources collected by the ACC?
|Distinguished Qualities||Does the program involve a combination of art and creative technologies; convergence content production, and future-oriented visions or, otherwise, have the distinguished qualities required for ACT Center projects?||10|
|Feasibility||Can the plan be implemented in real-world conditions?||10|
|Collaboration Potential||The project requires co-creation through collaboration. Is the participant capable of collaborating with the participating institutions and other creators?||10|
|Openness||Is the participant open to new technologies?||10|
|Commitment||Is the participant ready to commit himself/herself and his/her time in the project?||5|
※ Please enter your email address.