‘ACC_R Fellow 2018’ Open Call for Researchers
Deadline APRIL 23, 2018
The Asia Culture Research Institute (ACRI) in the Asia Culture Center (ACC) is seeking ACC Residency Fellows (ACC_R Fellow), in order to promote diversity of research surrounding Asian culture and enhance cooperation between institutes and researchers focused on the subject.
The ACC_R Fellow will contribute to humanistic discourse and expand cultural horizons, it is a program which seeks to support researchers who have developed original research themes on the subject of Asia. The program will run for two to six months from June to November, 2018, depending on the duration stipulated on the participants’ application.
During the program, each visiting researcher will be actively involved in exchanges with other participants. They will have many opportunities to enhance their own expertise with the possibility of follow-up studies through various academic events in the ACC, such as symposiums and seminars, etc.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from passionate, dedicated researchers who would like to join in our sincere effort to look at Asia in a new way and promote cultural diversity.
- Program Title: ACC_R Fellow 2018 (Asia Culture Center Residency Fellow 2018).
- Area of Study: Overall Culture of Asia
- Study of Humanities, Society and Art in Asia
- Resource study for the development of Asian creative production, education, exhibition, and performance content
- Research using ACC Archive & Research(Note: https://www.acc.go.kr/en/about/archive/librarypark)
- Number of Researchers: ○○ researchers
- Deadline for Application: From March 28 to April 23, 2018 (Mon)
- Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must fall under one of the following classifications as Asian culture research experts from in/outside of Korea.
1) Experienced Scholar
- Anyone who has received a doctorate and more than 7 years of experience in related fields or has a career of more than 5 years following an associate professorship at a College.
- Anyone who has a master degree and has more than 10 years of experience in related fields.
- Anyone who has published more than one paper in international academic journals during the last decade, or more than one excellent publication in a relevant field.
2) Emerging Scholar
- Anyone who has received a doctorate in a related field.
- Anyone who has a master degree and has more than 5 years of experience in a related field.
- ※ Common Qualifications: Applicants must be able to communicate in English or Korean.
- ※ Evaluation Criteria of International Journal Papers: At least one paper should be written by a lead author. The journal should belong to the SSCI, A&HCI, SCOPUS or ones equivalent to it.
- Program Period: July ~ November, 2018
- Depending on the duration of the participant's request, a participation period between 2 to 6 months
- Responsibilities: Participants are asked to implement and submit the following results.
- To submit research draft and plan.
- To participate in at least one workshop.
- ※ Participants should participate in the ACC_R Fellow Lecture to share the research process with the public or the ACC Symposium, which will publish the research results, from July to September. A detailed schedule will be announced after selection.
- To participate in the official exchange program for residents of Asia Culture Center Residency (ACC_R).
- ※ Each visiting fellow needs to take part in at least one such occasion where he/she can communicate with other participants as well as with the ACC’s content experts.
- To submit the final outcome of his/her research. (Research titles and proposed durations are not to be changed.)
- The final report should be composed of between 10,000 to 30,000 words (depending on the period of study) and be in accordance with the ACC’s writing guidelines.
- To have overseas travel accident insurance covering medical treatment during his/her stay in Korea in accordance with local insurance company policy.
- Any expenses for medical treatment not covered by the policy must be borne by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Other Obligations
- Each fellow is required to use research results, presenting or publishing findings in other venues, after getting approval from the ACC(and the ACI, Asia Culture Institute). In such cases, the fellow should state the fact that he/she received support from the ACC_R Fellow Program.
- Additional points and advantages
- Graduates of universities (colleges) or graduate schools in Gwangju Metropolitan city or Jeonnam area are given additional points in evaluation.
- Organized / Implemented by Asia Culture Center / Asia Culture Institute
- Address: Asia Culture Center 38, Munhwajeondang-ro, Dong-gu, Gwangju Metropolitan City
- Research Grant: Approximately 1,500 to 2,400 USD (per month) will be awarded depending on the eligibility criteria and participation period.
- ※ If necessary, 50% of the award may be paid in advance for the cost of prior preparations. In that case, the remaining 50% will be paid after submitting the final report of the research.
- Additional support for research reference books (up to 470 USD, The reference book belongs to the ACC.)
- A designated accommodation in the ACC (only for one person)
- A research room in the ACC
- One round-trip airfare (Economy)
- ※ If you are Korean who has been residing outside of Korea for more than one year, you can apply for airfare when you submit a proof of immigration certificate.
3. Selection Schedule
- Selection: 4th week of April (Procedure: 1st Application Review, 2nd Committee Review
- Result announcement: 1st week of May, 2018)
- ※ Specific dates will be announced a future date.
- ※ The details found above are subject to change.
- ※ If the candidate does not reply to the acceptance letter within one week, the next candidate will automatically be given the opportunity.
- One application form (Appendix 1)
- One letter of recommendation (Appendix 2)
- Each applicant should submit ALL required documents. (Copies of certificate of graduation, certificates of employment, published articles, etc.)
- Foreign applicants are required to submit a copy of their passports as well.
- Attached files can be uploaded up to a size of 50MB.
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
5. Application Procedure
- Deadline: Applications should arrive by April 23, 2018, 18:00
- ※ For applicants applying from outside Korea, dates and times given are in KST (Korean Standard Time).
- Application Method: Visit www.acc.go.kr
- ※ Applications will be accepted from 5PM on March 28, 2018 (KST).
- ※ If you encounter any issues during the application process, such as file size restrictions, please contact us for further instruction.
- An applicant will be disqualified if:
- He/she received support from another institution for the same Research.
- He/she is participating in a residency program at another institution or is scheduled to participate in such research during the ACC_R Fellow period.
- Cancellation of selection may result from any intentional blank or false information in any part of the submitted documents.
- The copyright of all research results will be set according to the guidelines of the ACC(and the ACI, Asia Culture Institute)
- The researcher is liable for intellectual property right disputes with third parties.
- ※ Your election will be revoked if the selected applicant is found to have used another person’s idea without permission or infringed on another person’s intellectual property rights. The program does not support a project already supported by another institution. If you are found to have received support for a single project from multiple institutions, your selection may be revoked.
- ※ The ACI (Asia Culture Institute) is a Quasi Non-Governmental Agency and an official executing organization of the ACC. Therefore, the ACC and the ACI can be interpreted as the same legal subject.
- You can contact the Research Planning Team, Asia Culture Research Institute about information on Open Call Details and the Application process.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: +82-62-601-4446, 4447