1. Contest Outline
- Title: 2018 ACC Design Contest
- Purpose : Promoting the diversification of ACC cultural merchandise products by utilizing various innovative design ideas from professionals, students, and people interested
- Category: “Design images” (such as graphics and sketches, etc.) that fall under one of the five themes of the contest, to be applied or used for the ACC merchandise. There is no restriction on the expression or layout.
- Host/Organizer: Asia Culture Center
- * Sponsors: Gwangju Metropolitan City, Asia Culture Institute, Gwangju Design Center, Cultural Foundation of National Museum of Korea
- Submission Period: August 1 (Wed.) –10 (Fri.), 2018 (10 days)
- Result Announcement: August 30, 2018 (Thur.)
- * A total of eight winners will be selected. Of the designs proposed by the winners, the ACC will choose the particularly outstanding ones for mentoring, prototyping, showcases in the ACC, and commercialization in the future.
- Award Ceremony: 3:00 p.m., September 18, 2018 (Tues.); International Conference Hall, ACC
- Any individual or group interested in the ACC (no nationality requirement)
3. Themes of the Contest
- ① Contents on display at the ACC
- ②“Gwangju,” the Hub City of Asian Culture
- ③ Democracy, Human Rights, and Peace
- ④ ACC, the “Forest of Light,” and architecture
- ⑤Cultural resources related to Asia (including local cultural resources of Gwangju and the surrounding areas)
4. Requirements and Disqualifications
- Submissions should be original creations that have not been released previously inside or outside of Korea, and merchandise designs available for mass production.
- In consideration of applying to goods or products, submitted designed-artworks should be producible-quality
- If a winner is found to have committed any of the following, his/her prize will be forfeited, and he/she will be required to return the prize money, certificate, and plaque, and the award will be canceled. The submitter will be liable for all legal responsibilities.
< Reasons for disqualification >
- The submission was made to and has won in another contest or competition.
- The submission is found to be an imitated or plagiarized work.
- The submission is involved in a legal dispute, like intellectual property
5. Selection Criteria
||Can be distinguished from the designs of existing merchandise
|Originality and relevance of the theme
||Clearly delivers the intended themes and story
||Aesthetically excellent in design composition
|Potentiality to merchandising
||Have a sales potential in the market
6. Submissions and Application
- Download the application by clicking the “Attachment” below.
- Compress the application, other required documents, and the file containing the artwork in a zip file and send it as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
< Required documents >
- 1 Application Form (Form 1)
- 1 Personal Information Consent Form (Form 2; should be manually signed by the applicant)
- 1 Copyright Consent Form (Form 3; should be manually signed by the applicant)
< Artwork file >
- Size A2 / color / resolution of more than 300 dpi / jpg format
- No limitation on layout and expression
- No limit to the number of submitted artworks
||No. of Place
- Information on Rights to the Submitted Works
- The copyright of the artwork belongs to the submitter.
- However, the rights of use and management of the submitted work will be given to the ACC as per the purpose of the competition.
- The ACC may use the submitted work to develop merchandise or distribute promotional items, exhibition materials, or other publications.
- Intellectual property rights can be transferred from the winners, who received the cash prize, etc., to the ACC.
- The scope and scale and other details about the transfer will be discussed between the winners and the ACC in the future.
- Inquiries: Artsoombi (contest agency) *Address: 31-306, 232, Gongneung-ro, Nowon-gu, Seoul (01811), Korea
- Telephone/Fax: +82-70-7772-1024 / +82-2-973-2023
- E-mail: email@example.com (send applications to this address)