Asia Culture Center, 2nd ACC creative performance story contest “Tell the stories of you who are living in Asia”
“Tell the stories of you who are living in Asia
Director, Asia Culture Institute
- Asian nationals and residents (a single person can submit multiple entries)
- “Our stories and episodes” from people living in contemporary Asia today
- Stories with universal values about contemporary Asian societies today
- (Key Word) History, society, culture, economy, politics, technology, ethics, environment, ecology, war, peace, human rights, democracy, welfare, health, etc.
- (Examples) Youth unemployment, low growth, low birth rate and social ageing, polarization, social safety net, sexuality, generational conflict, ideological conflict, political reform, diaspora/refugees, health, COVID-19, etc.
□ Application Period and Process
- Application Period: –May 31 (Sun.) 24:00, 2020
- ※ Entries must reach the ACC within the application period to be considered.
- Submission: Online submission at the ACC website (www.acc.go.kr)
- Entry Format: Free format; 2,000 characters or less
□ Results Announcement
- 2nd and 3rd week of June 2020 (tentative)
- Results will be announced on the ACC website and winners will be individually notified.
□ Contest Criteria
- Is the story fresh and unique? Is the story well-organized?
- Does the story have potential for being developed into original production content?
- Does the story have universal appeal for audiences in Korea and beyond?
|Award||No. of winners||Prize money|
|1st Prize||1||KRW 3,000,000|
|2st Prize||1||KRW 2,000,000|
|3st Prize||4||KRW 500,000|
|4st Prize||10||KRW 200,000|
□ Future Plans ※ Some of the selected story will be produced as performance productions through the step-by-step process
|Apr.–Jun. 2020||▶||Nov. 2020||▶||2021|
|Story contest and selection||Showcase at ACC Theater||Premiere at ACC Theater|
- Entrants (and winners) reserve all rights pertaining to entries (and selected works).
- Entrants (and winners) hold all liabilities in case of a legal dispute regarding their entries (and selected works).
- In the course of negotiating for production development of selected stories, the ACC may ask a winner to assign rights pertaining to his/her work to the ACC or permit the ACC to use the same, which will be governed by a contract between the author (winner) and the ACC. If an agreement is not reached regarding the relevant rights, the ACC will not develop the selected story into a production.
- The ACC may request additional information for fact checking. If the information is not consistent with the information provided in the application, the application may be excluded from consideration.
- A winner may forfeit the award and the prize money if he/she is found to be not eligible on account of a copyright issue or any other issue.
- The ACC does not return entries once they are received, and entries other than winners’ works will be destroyed after winners are selected.
- The schedule of the contest, including result announcement dates, is subject to change. The award ceremony date will be announced at a later date.
- The ACC may choose not to give an award to any entrant if it determines that no entrant satisfies the criteria for the relevant category.
- Telephone: 1899-5566(09:00~18:00 / Closed on Mondays)