ACC_Research Fellow 2022 Open Call
ACC_Research Fellow 2022 Open Call
The ACC_Research Fellow Program 2022 welcomes domestic and foreign applicants who wish to conduct a research on Asian culture to broaden humanistic discourse and cultural horizons. This program will run for two to three months from June 20 up to October 31, 2022, depending on the duration stipulated on the researchers’ application. During the program, each researcher will be actively involved in exchanges with other participants. They will have many opportunities to enhance their own expertise with the possibility of follow-up studies through various academic events in the ACC, such as symposiums and seminars, etc. We are looking forward to receiving applications from passionate, dedicated researchers who would like to join in our sincere effort to look at Asia in a new way and promote cultural diversity.
- Program title: ACC_R Fellow 2022 (Asia Culture Center_Research Fellow 2022)
- Area of study: 1) Asia Stories 2) Asia Food, clothing and shelter 3) Asia festival and rituals 4) Asia migration and domiciliation 5) Asia art and symbol
- Researches that can be adapted as ACC content for performances, exhibitions, or creations.
- Research topics on “environment” or “urban culture” regarding Asian art and culture are preferred.
- Number of anticipating researchers: 4
- Research period: June 20 – October 31, 2022
- Applicants can freely choose the term of 2 up to 3 months between June 20 to October 31.
- Eligibility Requirements: by the deadline of this open call’s submission, applicants must fall under one of the following classifications as Asian culture research experts from in/outside of Korea.
- 1)Experienced researchers.
- ·Anyone who has received a doctorate and more than 10 years of experience in related fields or has a career of more than 5 years following an associate professorship at a College
- ·Anyone who has published more than five of academic results as below during the last 5 years (From January 1, 2017 till now)
- 2)Emerging researchers.
- ·Anyone who has received a doctorate in a related field
- ·Anyone who has published more than three of academic results as below during the last 5 years (From January 1, 2017 till now)
- ※Evaluation criteria of research achievements :
Journal article 1) Paper published in SSCI, A&HCI, SCOPUS or ones equivalent is counted as 100%, 2) Paper published in KCI or ones equivalent is counted as 100% (There will be no difference in single or co-author). Publications (books or translations) : 1) A single author’s work is counted as 300%, 2) A co-author’s work is counted as 200%.
- ※ Common Qualifications : 1) Applicants must be able to communicate in English or Korean, 2) Applicants must be living in South Korea from the first day of the program. As for foreigners, visa must be valid till the end of the participation.
- Research Grant (per month/Tax included): Max. KRW 3,570,000 for Experienced Researchers / Max. KRW 2,380,000 for Emerging Researchers)
- ※ Two installments: first upon the submission of the implementation plan report and second upon the final thesis.
- ※ All trips and relevant costs for the research is included in the grant.
- A designated accommodation in the ACC (only for one person)
- A research room in the ACC
- One round-trip airfare (Economy)
- ※If you are Korean who has been residing outside of Korea for more than one year, you can apply for airfare when you submit a proof of immigration certificate.
- ※ACC will offer support for documents and other services for new visa applications while it will not be liable for any problems in regards to changing, reissuing or extending visa.
- ※If you have a plan to leave and reenter the country during the research period, please check your visa type for only the "MULTIPLE VISA" is valid.
- To submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR).
- To submit a travel or accident insurance certificate covering the participation period.
- To stay in ACC at least 22 days a month (※ Special occasions such as academic event participation or research tours should be discussed in advance).
- To submit the final research article at least 1 week prior to the end of the fellowship (in accordance to the specified format).
- Length of the research article ※ Including bibliography etc.
|3 months or less||8,000 words or more||10,000 words or more|
- - In case the researcher presents or publishes the research article funded by this research at ACC, one should consult with ACC in advance and state the given serial number.
- - To participate in ACC_R Fellow’s academic and exchange programs (including orientation, seminar and video interviews, etc.)
- ※ Researchers should participate in at least one academic event to present the research results.
- ※ Fellows’ Interview videos
4. Submission Materials
- Application form (including research proposal): Appendix 1
- Letter of recommendation: Appendix 2
- Relevant documents: Copies of certificate of graduation, certificate for career, certificate of employment, published articles, etc.
- ※ Foreigners are required to submit a copy of their passports.
- ※ Attachments can be uploaded up to a size of 50MB.
- ※ Submitted documents will not be returned.
5. Application Submission
- Application period: Friday, April 15 – Friday, May 13, 2022
- Deadline: Applications arrived by 6pm on Friday, May 13, 2022 (KST)
- Submission Method: Download application forms for ACC website and submit by e-mail (email@example.com)
- ※ Online submission only. Post and on-site submission will not be accepted.
6. Selection Process
- First screening (submitted documents including the research proposal)
- Second evaluation (candidates shortlisted in the application review)
- ※※ If the number of applicants are three times less than the number ACC selects, the first screening is omitted and the final decision is made on the second evaluation.
- Criteria: suitability of the theme considering the circumstances of the visiting research, the research’s creativity, applicability and academic value will be comprehensively evaluated.
|Excellence (40)||Suitability of research project||10|
|Specificity of research content||30|
|Researcher's Expertise (20)||Academic qualifications and professional experience||20|
|Creativity (20)||Creativity of research topic||20|
|Applicability of Results (20)||Academic value||10|
- Additional points
- Three additional points are given to the research topics on “environment” or “urban culture” related to Asian art and culture (above mentioned Area of study)
- Official announcement will be posted on the website of ACC.
- Announcement date: Friday, May 27, 2022
- ※ Schedule subject to change.
- ※ In case the selected applicant fails to reply to the acceptance email within 5 days, the opportunity will be passed to the next candidate.
- An applicant will be disqualified if:
- - He/she received support from another institution for the same research.
- - He/she participates in a residency program at another institution during the participation period at ACC or benefit from the same research topic.
- Cancellation of selection may result from any intentional blank or false information in any part of the submitted documents.
- ACC and the visiting researchers jointly retain the Author’s Property Right including the Adaptation Right of the outcome. The applicant should be noted that his/her research result is published as a part of < Crossing Asia > series book. Matters of legal relationship should be set according to the contract.
- The researcher is liable for intellectual property right disputes with third parties.
- ※ Your election will be revoked if the selected applicant is found to have used another person’s idea without permission or infringed on another person’s intellectual property rights.
- Department in charge: Research Division, Asia Culture Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. : +82-62-601-4516
- ※ Please go through all the content of the open call before inquiring.