ACC exhibitionsreflect the spirit of the times based on the regional identity of Gwangju, the birthplace of democracy and human rights, to which people of the world can relate. Various exhibitions that make use of artistic media converged with technology are featured based on creativity, innovation, and professionalism, sharing the potential of contemporary arts with the audience. The ACC is expanding its position globally as a major platform of international exhibitions connecting regions, Asia, and the world. We are putting our utmost effort to ceaselessly produce exhibitions that people of the world can enjoy.
Spaces 1 and 2 of ACC Creation feature original content that converge arts with technology, exhibiting the idea and culture of Asia for the spread of the Asian culture. Through contemporary studies and interpretation of the cultural value of Asia, we intend to develop the ACC as the foothold of spreading the culture of Asia by visualizing the expandability of museography based on analog and digital connection.
The permanent exhibitions of the Asia Culture Museum largely consists of an archive-based permanent exhibition under the theme of "Testimony of Asian Identity and Experience Created by Modern and Contemporary Asians," permanent exhibition content ACCex providing an access to digital archive, and 360° Circle in Asia created by converging new technologies.
Special exhibitions of the ACC are formed in 5 exhibition projects: 1) ACC Special Exhibition Focus, 2) ACC Special Exhibition Context, 3) ACC Special Exhibition Prism, 4) ACC Outdoor Exhibition, and 5) Asia Culture Museum Special Exhibition.
- 1) ACC Special Exhibition Focus
- ACC Focus is a contemporary visual art exhibition composed of various media that test the boundaries of genres by exploring contemporary themes faced by Asia and the world.
- 2) ACC Special Exhibition Context
- ACC Context is a contemporary visual art exhibition that develops and introduces content on contemporary culture and art research of Asia.
- 3) ACC Special Exhibition Prism
- ACC Prism is a visual art exhibition that helps the audience understand Asia from various angles through exchanges of domestic and international artists and institutions, centering on Asia in particular.
- 4) ACC Outdoor Exhibition
- ACC Outdoor Exhibition is a public-friendly exhibition installed at the outdoor park of the ACC and produced as a part of the ACC’s policy to boost cultural activities at night.
- 5) Asia Culture Museum Special Exhibition
- It is a special exhibition held in the Asia Culture Museum's Special Exhibition Hall with its collection, research results, and archives.
ACC Residency Result
ACC_R Result exhibitions develop every year with a new theme, sharing the achievements of participants, including exhibitions and performances, with the public.
The Lab Project is operated in 3 sections: New-technology Based Content Lab that develops futuristic content coping with cultural changes and technological development, Experimental Film Lab that brings down the barriers that divide generations and genres, and Media Art Lab that demonstrates the potential as public arts through the production of audiovisual content using ACC spaces and facilities. The outcomes of the in-depth research and experiments of the Lab Project are introduced annually through the ACT Festival and International Bad Film Festival.